This gets debated a lot. The views are mixed.
The issues are:
- yes, pronation is a normal healthy motion
- yes, there is no definition or consensus as to what is normal and what is overpronation
- yes, plenty of people overpronate and get no problems
- yes, other overpronate a small amount and gets lots of problem
- yes, there are multiple causes of overpronation, so there is going to have to be multiple different treatments. One size is not going to fit all.
- yes, there are too many who consider themselves experts in this when they have no idea what they are talking about.
- yes, stick to what the consensus of the preponderance of the research says on the topic and not commentary in social media